Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Where it all began

I'm glad that this blog is up and running. However I wanted to address a few things. Touchdown Cincinnati (or TDC as it will be referred to as) started about 5 years ago in a Deli at a local Supermarket. Since then it has been the punchline of many jokes, the grading of girls, and well I can't think of anything else. I am not going to say what TDC really means right now though. So the one reader we may have will have to sit and wait. What I will say is this...

This blog is intended for the writers to talk openly about any sports subjects. You will find mostly Football and Baseball talked about, but we don't discriminate, we'll talk about curling if it comes up. Keep in mind we are Boston sports fans. So we don't like the Yankees or the Jets, they suck and always will. Feel free to send in your gripes, make comments on our posts, or send e-mails about subjects we should cover. There are great things on the Horizon for this blog so we hope you'll keep reading.

Now onto Business...

Grit is a better fake stat than VORP.

VORP is meaningless. No matter what Caf might say VORP doesn't hold any value. Grit at least describes something. What does VORP do? It gives baseball stat freaks something to get a Chubby over.

So VORP's out, and Grit is in!

1 comment:

Caf said...

I thought we had moved passed this. I feel like I died a little bit by reading the end of your post.