Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's been a long time...

To quote hip hop artist and producer Timbaland "It's been along time, I shouldn't have left you without a dope beat to step to.." I think you get the point.


I want to start by congratulating Dustin Pedroia, he is not only part of the World Series Champion Boston Red Sox (still sounds nice right), but he is also your American League 2007 Rookie of the year. And well deserved too according to the voters. Pedroia received 24 of the 28 first place votes.

Also, congrats to Ryan Braun. He won the national league rookie of the year edging out Troy Tulowitzki. Braun was not only productive on a rookie standpoint, but I would have to say in the 2007 fantasy baseball season he was a difference maker for any team that found a spot for him.

Lastly in this post I would like to discuss the word Creepily. Yes it is a real word and an adverb to be exact, however it is a stupid word. It has been used in such sentences as "That baby talks creepily." That word sucks. Pick a fucking new word that sounds better. I just wanted to say that before Caf starts a rant about it.

2 comments:

Canada said...

I believe the sentence was

.."and the baby would have to talk creepily"

Obviously referring to the love child of the Verizon FiOS kid and the DLP "Mirrors" girl. I swear it would take over the world...anyways.

The other half of this is...ready?...GET OVER IT! Just because you don't like a word, doesn't mean it can't and shouldn't be used. I personally like to use the full extent of my vocabulary (which includes your mom) and heck, i may even use some made up words...but creepily is not one of them, because it is in fact a word.

When we all move to Gammy land where Gummy Bears grow on trees, bacon can be harvested from the fields, and Bacardi 151 flows in the streams, then you can limit the words that we use, but until then i will continue to post about how I creepily snuck into you mom's place last night. (snuck is the past tense of sneak btw)

Caf said...

You guys and spelling names. For fuck's sake.

If you are going to quote someone you should take the time to spell their name correctly.

TimbAland

And I'm not entirely sure how I am "unamerican" just because you don't know the adverb form of creep.